Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sleepless Nights...

Last night one of my oldest friends came over for some mommy and baby time (oldest meaning I've known her all my life)!  Brittany brought her three month old  son, Grayden, over to visit and spend time with me and Brody. It was a lot of fun sharing stories about our trials and triumphs of being a mommy!

We decided to cook dinner (she brought the food; thanks, Britt!) and it was pretty interesting trying to cook with crying babies in our arms. It took a lot of teamwork and time, but we managed to make a delicious dinner!



After they left, it took several hours for Brody to fall asleep. My poor baby is a little constipated, and although I gave him breast milk before which made him have a BM almost instantly, the past few times I've given it to him, it didn't work. So instead of taking care of my normal deep-sleeping baby, where rarely any sound make him wake up, Brody has been extremely sensitive to sound and movement.

Last night, I became extremely frustrated when the dogs would bark at nothing or I'd accidentally hit something or make a noise that'd wake him up.

Since we moved into our new house, we've had issues with our microwave; it'll randomly beep and won't stop until you unplug it (apparently the keypad is going out). And of course by the time I finally get Brody down, the microwave starts going off, waking him up. This was at 3 a.m.! I don't know why things like that always happen at the worst time!

Needless to say, I had to call my mom this morning to see if she'd come over to let me get an extra hour or two of sleep. Luckily, she did. Thanks, Mom!

The past two days and nights Brody has been a little more irritable than normal, and it's hurts me to not be able to make him feel better! So, I'm praying we get a good poopy pretty soon!



Ok as a proud aunt, I have to mention this! Brody and I went to watch his cousin Presley (my sister's daughter) at her first t-ball game today! Here's a pic of Presley (left) and Emma (right), Staci and Mark's beautiful little girl. Aren't they adorable?

It was a lot of fun watching them play and have fun. Although I don't want Brody to grow up, because thinking about it already makes me sad, seeing these little ones having a blast playing ball makes me excited for Brody to get that age! Plus, let's admit it's hilarious watching kids try to play ball at this age. Presley would just let the ball roll right by her when she was in the outfield. I guess we need to work on that!

Anyway, this post is going to be pretty short today! Brody is asleep so I'm going to try to take a nap while I have the chance!

Crossing my fingers and praying for the best tonight...

Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment