Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Storm

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. It's been chaotic around here, and I've been extremely busy taking care of Brody!

Of course, as many of you know, north Texas was hit by a dozen tornadoes Tuesday afternoon. A tornado hit in Forney, only a few miles from our home. Luckily, we are  all safe and there was no damage to our house.

Brody experienced his first storm and tornado warning yesterday. When the sirens went off, Brody, Stretch, Billie and I took "cover" in the tub. Klay stayed out and watched the TV to see what was happening in our area.



I'm the first to admit I have an extreme fear of tornadoes (I have nightmares about them all the time), and now that we have Brody, tornadoes are even scarier than before. Our first priority is making sure our child is safe, and the fact that he may be in danger is pretty frightening.  Thankfully, through it all, Brody never knew anything abnormal was going on.

There was major damage all over north Texas, and in Forney, and I'm so happy to hear there were no casualties.

The north Texas storm that wreaked havoc yesterday wasn't the only storm that caused an uproar at our house; the high-pitched, loud, screeching sounds of our baby boy crying kept us up into the wee hours. Needless to say, we had a rough, rough night.

Brody was awake for seven hours, two of which, he was screaming at the top of his lungs. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, would soothe him. He was squirming, fussing, burping and farting nonstop. I know he was gassy, had a tummy ache and needed a good BM, even though he had one Monday or Tuesday. (I can't remember which day it was because my days and nights are running together, so now I'm creating a calendar to keep track.)

Of course, seeing him in pain and not being able to fix it caused me to cry. On top of that, it was frustrating that we couldn't calm him down and get him quiet (I'm surprised he didn't wake the neighbors). That may sound bad, but let's face it, no one really wants to hear the deafening sound of a baby screaming at the top of his lungs. But more than anything, it was hard not knowing what to do. We haven't had a night like that yet where we couldn't figure out what he needs or wants. Gas drops and Gripe Water didn't even faze him.

After feeding him several ounces of formula and breast milk, he finally wore himself out, falling asleep in his swing for only three hours. After he woke up again, I got him and laid him with me and he went right back to sleep.

I'm hoping this was just a really bad night and not any sign that he may have colic.

I am happy to report that he did have a big poopy today! This was of course after I lost it and bawled my eyes out from exhaustion, stress and trying to figure out how make him feel better. Not a great day for mom...

I guess we will see how tonight goes. Brody is asleep and happy right now (see picture).

I'll try to post every day from now on! I apologize to those who checked in to see if I had blogged, and I want everyone to know I'll try to stay consistent.

Pray for all of us to get some rest. We need it. BAD.

Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment