Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

First off, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post some new blogs lately. This past week has been extremely challenging, exhausting and frustrating. Brody's sleeping and eating hasn't been the least bit consistent, and it's completely worn me out.

Due to some recommendations and Brody's tummy issues, we switched formulas AGAIN. Because a lot of people who've used Enfamil Nutramigen said it solved all of their child's tummy problems, we decided to give this formula a try. This brand is the most expensive brand of formula on the shelves, at least that we've seen. We weren't happy about the price, but if it works we'd be happy to foot the bill and bring peace to Brody's formula issues.



It seemed to be working fine at first, and Brody was having a bowel movement everyday or every other day, so I was pretty excited. Eventually, his stools became a bit more watery than I liked and his spit up resurfaced again. I'm thinking he may have a little bit of reflux, but we called the doctor and they've recommended that we try a soy-based formula, like Enfamil ProSobee or Similac Soy Isomil.



Klay bought Similac Soy Isomil, so we're starting that tonight. I'm just hoping we get a handle on this formula thing pretty soon. I don't know if I can take any more of this.

Even though today and last night was rough, Sunday night into Monday morning we managed to get a record 11 hours of sleep. We went to Klay's parents for Easter on Sunday and everyone was excited to see and hold Brody. Everyone had their turn holding him and for the five hours we were there, I don't think anyone sat him down once. It was nice to see our family so excited about our new addition.



I think after being held the whole time, Brody never managed to get a deep sleep so by the time we got home, he was completely wiped out (and we somehow managed to get 11 hours of sleep). This was a good night for us obviously.

But with the good, comes the bad. One good night for us normally means a rough night the next and then an even uglier day/night after that. So for every good day, it seems there are two to three rougher days that follow. It's hard not to get discouraged when I think "wow, it's getting better" and then the next day he's fussy, gassy and won't sleep and I can't help but think the "it's getting better" part keeps drifting further and further away. The uglier days and nights only leave me to question everything I'm doing.

I'll do my best to try keep these blogs up-to-date.

Sending everyone my best,

Cassidy

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey, first of all congrats!!!!!! It gets easier I had an extremely hard time with my jojo we tried every formula you could think
    Of I ended up with similac soy, he is 14 months old and still spits up bad, my son had torticollis which causes acid reflux make sure your baby has his neck strait at all times.., it will get easier, I kno it's tough I have been doing it all alone with out any help since the day he was born so you guys should help each other out and take turns, having a spouse is such a blessing.... I hope your little guy gets his stomach more normal with your tiredness and frustration he's prolly going thru it too.., I'll keep you all
    In my prayers and if you ever need anything I'm here for you :)

    ReplyDelete