Thursday, May 01, 2014

My BUFFY Obsession

For those of you who don't know me, I was obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer growing up.

The TV show, not the movie. The movie sucked <----haha vampire joke, ya get it?


Um, who am I kidding? I still kind of am.

But for reals, the TV show was my shizz.

And for those of you who remember me way back when, mostly remember I wanted to be Buffy and the crazy display of BTVS posters in my room. 

I even tried to get on the TV show on MTV "Fanatic."

Yes, I was a total nerd. 
But Buffy is amaze balls.



Let me explain my obsession.

Buffy kicked ass literally.

 She was a tiny ball of fire who could kick tail, deal with high school and manage to save the world from the apocalypse.

"She saved the world... a lot."


She also had a super hot vampire BF who just happened to have a soul so they couldn't do the nasty because he'd lose it and go all crazy, demon vampire again. 

And Angelus is a beast. 

What a tortured love story!
 BTW, season 2 is the best.
#buffyandangelforever


It was beyond hilarious. 
I seriously would laugh until I cried. 
There is nothing quite like Buffy humor.
 

And it was seriously heart-wrenching. 
Life on the Hellmouth wasn't easy. 

Some episodes, I would cry until I'd almost hyperventilate. 
Yes, that totally happened. 


Spike!
That's all.


 I remember the first episode I ever watched, I was instantly hooked.

Enter vampire obsession.
Twilight.
True Blood.
Vampire Diaries.
They all spawned from my love of BTVS.

I was in the fourth grade when I started watching Buffy.
 I wanted to dress like her,
look like her,
talk like her,
and kick ass like her.

I even cut and styled my hair like her, thanks to my awesome hairstylist Vickie!
She had to put up with countless Buffy-hair requests for many, many years. Thanks, Vickie!


Can you say twinsies?


I mean I wore cross necklaces and bought the rings her and Angel wore from the show. 
(They were copies, not the actual ones she wore. Um, I would have died!)


I still have a Buffy lunchbox. Yes, they totally made them.
And some Sunnydale High tees, Buffy barbies and trading cards.
 I was legit.
#number1fan
#stalkermuch


You see that phone on the floor?

I spent hours on end and used a lot of printer ink (sorry, Mom and Dad) printing out pics of the cast especially SMG (Sarah Michelle Gellar).

I put them on my entertainment center, my phone, and even the molding around my doors.
#dedicated


My goal was to hide the hideous Easter basket/bunny wallpaper that was on my walls.
Mom, WTF were you thinking with that wallpaper anyway?
Clearly I succeeded with hardly any duplicates.
#goodbyeeasterwallpaper
#hellobuffyroom


I totally fell to the floor when I walked in my room after school to a six-foot SMG cardboard cutout. 

I thought she was standing in front of me... 
And guess what? I still have her.
 #friendsforever 
#cardboardfriendsmakethebestfriends


 And I totally made my friends pretend play I was Buffy and they were members of the Scooby Gang. Um, no one could be Buffy but me and yes, some of my acting skills are on film.
#blackmail

And, I kind of had a piece of cardboard that I drew a vampire on and practice my staking skills. #donthate 
#betIcouldstakeavampirequickerthanyou

Holy balls that took a lot of work. 
I was definitely obsessed. 
I still watch reruns and I'm not ashamed.

Needless to say when we were on our 17-day road trip from Alaska to Texas, we had to make California a pit stop. WHY? 
Um, to find Buffy's High School, DUH.

View that post here:




Yes, I cried when I saw it.
I was 23 years old.
And I clearly kicked the Hellmouth's ass while I was there (see photo above). 

#invisbledemonsbeware

And I'd probably still pee my pants if I ever met SMG, just sayin', I mean you can hear my excitement in the video of us at Sunnydale High aka Torrance High School!


This post was my first-ever link up!"Back in MY Day" link up hosted by Suze at Straight on the Ground and Steph at Life According to Steph and Steph at Steph's Space.

My Blog

Who or what was your obsession back in the day? 

Comment below or on Facebook! I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment