Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Three-Day Weekend Blues

I know it was a three-day weekend for most of you business folks.

You probably spent the weekend basking in the three-day weekend glory like this guy.


And today, now that you're holiday weekend is over, you may feel like this at work today.


It's hard to get your mind wrapped back around the idea of working. Trust me, I've been there. I know how hard it is.



 And everyone has talked and shared on social media about how they spent their Memorial Day weekend.

Lots of you had cookouts with your friends.

Lots of you went swimming and hung out around a pool.

Lots of you were at the lake and on a boat.

All of you drank. Well, most of you did.

I didn't do any of those things.

Well, I kinda cooked out with my sister, but other than that, I didn't get in a pool or on a boat and probably should have a bottle or two o' wine, but didn't manage to get my hands on any.

Klay and I spent the weekend attempting to get some house projects finished, which didn't happen. They are still sitting there with a capital "I" next to them like school when you got an "incomplete."

Interestingly enough, our Memorial Weekend wasn't that interesting. We hung, we ate, we chilled. That about sums it up.

In other news since you are probably reading this at work, you're a naughty naughty beast. #yolo


I kid. But I figured since many of you are spending your days wasting away in a grey cubicle, I'd send you a few things that will brighten your day.


Don't worry. Here are some things on this list you can use and download, and others, well it's just for humor purposes only.

Go on a walk during lunch. The fresh air could do you some good. And stay off your phone while you're at it. Enjoy your time away from technology and take a breather. Unless of course, you're reading this blog. ;) Just be glad you don't have to watch for zombies.




Don't panic. It's a short work week. By the time you've read this post, you only have two more days til the weekend. And you can drink or hang out with your dogs or drink and hang out with your dogs. Whatever suits you. 



I mean things could be worse.
You could have this guy for your boss.


Be glad you're not the person who created this disturbing, useless office item. No, it's not a USB. But when you hook it up to your USB port, the dog comes to life to simulate "humping," as if it's hunching your computer. I'll pass.


OK. This one is for real.

Organize your desktop with style. Rekita over at Her and Nicole has some amazing, free options to make your office computer-background look profesh and clean in seconds. I love this one and downloaded it for my computer because my desktop needed some major organizing. PS. You should follow her while you head over to visit her. I recently became obsessed with her blog. She's incredible and super sweet. And her designs are the bee's knees.


Hope you guys have an amazing work week! Or what's left of it. 

How do you make your days better at the office?

No comments:

Post a Comment